Northeast Ohio artists,
CPT is planning the 2014-2015 Season, and once again we are reaching out to you for great ideas.
CPT is focused on new work that is surprising, unexpected and somehow outside the realm of conventional theatre.
CPT is looking for proposals from Northeast Ohio artists. Proposals may be for world premieres, second or third US productions, radical re-visionings of classic plays or other projects. The show could be your own show, or a script you would like to work on.
Before sending a proposal:
- please take time to look at CPT’s recent seasons-these are excellent examples of our programming choices
- please get a sense of CPT’s aesthetic and artistic sense-if you haven’t seen a lot of shows at CPT, talk to people who have
- please keep in mind CPT’s financial limitations
- please familiarize yourself with CPT’s Big Box and Springboard series-your project may be a better fit for these series which have a separate proposal process. (Guidelines for these series will be released in March.)
Based on a series of successful co-productions and our Big Box series, we are also very interested in creating opportunities for artists and groups that would like to retain greater ownership of projects and who can share risk with CPT.
Proposals should be 1-3 pages long not including script or work samples and need to include:
- a one page summary of the project, including info on why this project fits CPT’s mission and why it’s important to you as an artist
- your sense of what state the project is in and a general plan to bring it to completion
- a resume for all primary artists involved
- additional materials that will help us get a sense of the project-copy of proposed script, sample of past work, video, storyboards…
- please mention if you are interested in co-producing options
Deadline for proposals is January 6.
If you are submitting an idea for a play that is already written by an outside artist, please keep in mind that others may be proposing the same script (IE just because you are suggesting the script does not mean that you have dibs on doing it at CPT).
Please be aware that CPT does not comment on why proposals are not selected. We occasionally make subjective artistic suggestions related to project if we are asked to give feedback.
Please send your ideas electronically to CPT’s New Play Associate, Caitlin Lewins at email@example.com. Subject line: your name and “Season Proposal”- for example: Jane Smith, Season Proposal. Please post videos to VIMEO or other website and send link with proposal.