CPT produces ground-breaking performances and life-changing educational programs to raise consciousness and nurture compassion.
CPT needs a Technical Director willing to join its hard-working team with the ambitious goals of growing the organization and changing the community. CPT’s season typically includes the production of 10-13 plays and four performance series in three theatres.
Summary of Position: This position is a year round, salaried, staff position. Salary is competitive and based on experience and capacity. The Technical Director is responsible for implementing all technical aspects of productions except costumes.
The Technical Director reports to the Executive Artistic Director and has the following responsibilities:
- Manage scene shop and maintain its organization
- Maintain tools and equipment
- Maintain technical aspects of performance spaces
- Work with designers to assure that they design within budget and capacity
- Oversee budgets and assure compliance
- Build sets, hang lights, and set up sound for performances
- Work with General Manager for billing and documentation
- Recruit, engage, and oversee limited over-hire
- Purchase equipment and supplies as needed
- Works with Executive Artistic Director to strategically develop the technical theatre department
- Design opportunities may be available
Technical Director has a budget for over-hire but does not have full-time, year-round staff.
The ideal candidate will have proven track record of success in shop organization, communication, set building and master electrician work, and have direct experience working in a small scale theatre.
The working culture of CPT values creativity, boldness, generosity, kindness, perseverance, industriousness, dedication and a sense of humor.
Reviews start immediately and continue until position is filled (Goal to fill the position is July 15).
Please email cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com.
PS: Cleveland is an excellent community to live in with top-notch arts, a vibrant theatre scene, beautiful public parks, a great lake, and VERY affordable housing!